Haven Books Ltd may update this policy from time to time by updating this page and notifying its customers by email or post. You can check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Personal Data We May Collect from You
We may collect the following information:
- full name and job title
- job title and employer name
- contact information including email address, telephone numbers, facsimile or electronic identifying information such as an IP address or cookies
- geographical information such as postcode and address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How We Use Information We Collect from You
Haven Books Ltd uses the information collected from you to fulfil our contractual obligations to you including, accounting purposes, administration and analysis. We may occasionally send you information about products or services we think would be of interest to you (via email or post) unless you have indicated otherwise (e.g. by ticking the relevant boxes provided) during the submission process. If you would prefer us not to use your contact details in this way you can tell us at any time.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the website forms and surveys you complete, our existing records, phone calls and your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Haven Books Ltd may from time to time use such information to identify its visitors to help improve its products and services or to notify of a change of product or service terms.
Cookies & IP Address
Any information Haven Books Ltd holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any sales transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit referencing agencies.
Haven Books Ltd will only collect the information needed for processing purposes (e.g. fulfilment of an order request) although coincidentally there may be times when your information could be contained in data that Haven Books Ltd has purchased from a third-party list broker or service provider.
Legal Basis for Processing any Personal Data
To meet Haven Books Ltd contractual obligations (e.g. order requests) and to also respond to sales, product, service or marketing enquiries.
Legitimate Interests Pursued by Haven Books Ltd
To promote the marketing and consulting services offered by Haven Books Ltd and/or to market the services and/or products offered by Haven Books Ltd existing clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Haven Books Ltd processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time either via email (by an unsubscribe link or at email@example.com) or by writing to us. See last section for full contact details.
If necessary for purpose Haven Books Ltd may on pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf (e.g. fulfilling an order request). Haven Books Ltd requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
Haven Books Ltd does not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. However, Haven Books Ltd may be required to disclose your personal Information to meet legal obligations or valid governmental request. Haven Books Ltd may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Haven Books Ltd, its clients and/or the wider community.
Haven Books Ltd may share personal data with other companies within the Haven Books group of companies.
Haven Books Ltd will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will store only the personal data as strictly necessary to meet any legal or administrative obligations.
Data is held in the UK using different (multiple) servers. Haven Books Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Haven Books Ltd is committed to your security and the ongoing safeguarding your personal data against loss, misuse, and unauthorised access or alteration.
However no data transfer can be fully secure although we will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information submitted via the website and any transmission of your data is at your own risk.
We use secure server software over a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) line to protect your payment card information. It encrypts all of your personal and credit card data so it cannot be read as it progresses throughout ordering system. We do not store this information and it is used solely for the purposes or processing your order.
You are not required to register to access the website but you may need to register for an account to access product or services you have requested. You will need a username and unique password to access your registered account and you are responsible for the use, disclosure of, and access to the website. Therefore we ask you to safeguard your username and password securely.
Emails & Website Communications
We may monitor and/or keep records of email or website communications (e.g. webchat or surveys) which you send us in the interests of our business and in accordance with this policy.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst Haven Books Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to the restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that Haven Books Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
Haven Books Ltd at your request in writing can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Haven Books Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Haven Books Ltd or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn't collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access your personal data identification will be required.
Haven Books Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If Haven Books Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Haven Books Ltd or its partners, you have the right to complain to Haven Books Ltd CEO. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
Haven Books Ltd attention of the CEO
Hardwick Industrial Estate
Telephone 01553 769 209 or email email@example.com