Rising Stars Reading Planet
Introduce your reception and KS1 pupils to the Reading Planet reading scheme and watch their reading skills soar. The Reading Planet reading scheme from educational publisher Rising Stars (supported by research into Speech Rhythm sensitivity Coventry University) offers young readers a variety of exceptionally engaging readers from book band levels Lilac to White that will ignite pupils’ enthusiasm for reading.
Reading Planet consists of four key strands that can be used independently or in conjunction, all of which offer varying levels between Lilac (Lift Off) and White.
- Lift-off – Encourage young readers to tell their own stories from the picture cues in these wordless books and get them reading-ready.
- Rocket Phonics – slots seamlessly into your Phonics teaching – Books Bands Pink A to Orange, Letters and Sounds Phases 2-6
- Comet Street – Fantastical to familiar story settings in this adventure series about Rav and his feisty bunch of friends in Comet Street (Pink A to White)
- Galaxy - Broaden children’s range of reading with a variety of story types and non-fiction books (Pink A to White)
A range of 9 Teacher Books will provide you with guidance and support on teaching with:
- An introduction to the effectiveness of speech rhythm sensitivity training including access to a CPD video
- Guided reading teacher notes
- A free CD of audio recording of each book
- A clear and effective assessment guidance to meet curriculum requirements
- Reading Planet from Pandora Books can be purchased as Reading Planet strand packs (Lift Off, Rocket Phonics, Comet Street or Galaxy) or as Book Band Packs (Pink A to White) to slot into your Book Band reading framework for independent and Guided Reading.
- Book Band Essentials
- Best New Books
- NEW: Mixed Reading Scheme Boxes
- Diversity in Books
- Ancient Civilisations